Friday, March 16, 2012

brave

My feet hit the floor and the day begins full of "Mom, where's my socks" and "Mama, I want a sippy," and "AAAhhhhhh."  Prior to seven months ago I would never have called myself brave, but now I know that I am.  It's nothing I derive from myself, I just know what needs to be done and I do it.  Whether it be more laundry, kissing owies, or taking out the garbage.

I want you to know that in whatever situation you find yourself, you are brave too.  You have the grit, the wherewithal to do what needs to be done.  A dear friend once told me, "You are stronger than you know and this will not kill you.  You will live through this."  

Those words have come back to me at hard times and I hope they strike a chord deep within you.  

You are stronger than you think.  This will not kill you.  You will live through this.
Don't let anyone tell you differently.

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

statcounter