Wednesday, March 21, 2012

All About


Fishing at Sao Conrado
photo courtesy of Charlie Phillips


This blogging thing can seem weird to a lot of people.  Even in this enlightened age where it seems everyone blogs I still get weird looks after I say that I'm a writer and then talk about my blog.  But this, this community that has been built by blogging is what it is all about.

In this new time where people connect via online pathways and hurts are shared people come together and today was no different.  Almost three years ago I started blogging and the following year I attended the Relevant Conference which is now called Allume because Mandy, a blogging friend now turned in-real-life friend mentioned it to me.  Last year I sat on the floor with Logan Wolfram and Sarah Markley and just chatted.  I chatted a bit longer with Sarah because Logan left a bit early, then later Sarah Mae said that Logan had redecorated her living room.  I drooled over the living room and tucked Logan's name away to one day redecorate my house.

Fast forward to now, I'm collaborating with Allume Social and writing the 31 Days to Become a Better Writer series.  Dream job, y'all.  Dream job.  The best part is the community of ladies I get to work with--one of them being, you guessed it, Logan.

The thing about blogging is that you can get to know the writer whose blog you read and even identify with them on some level.  You may never leave a comment, but you read and you connect and you gain encouragement.  Then, one day, when tragedy strikes, when the unthinkable happens...we surround each other.

When babies die, when marriages go sour, when life just sucks and we need to know that we aren't alone the community reaches out and wraps their arms around.  They send their prayers and their love and their "I don't know why it happened's" and we pray for each other.  Just read the comments on this post and you will see why we blog.

This is why we blog...so that we know we are not alone when disaster strikes.

Logan, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family, friend.  I am so very sorry, sister.



linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

statcounter