Friday, February 17, 2012

Delight



It's taken me six years to even scratch the surface of delight when it comes to my children.  Maybe you'll think I'm a bad mom because it has been a journey of years to look at the mess on the floor and instead of huffing about I am able to laugh.  I mean, throwing Nesquik must have been fun?  That chocolatey powder covering your hands, grinding between your palms, a zesty, rich flavor on your tongue?

It's the belly laughs that get me the most.  The ones where Bella starts giggling for no apparent reason and works herself into such a giggle frenzy that she falls back onto her bottom.  Her four little fangs peek out from behind widely spread lips as she chortles.  Sometimes her sisters or brothers have incited her joy and other times it is purely from an overflow of happiness.

When was the last time I laughed like that?
When was the last time you laughed like that?

Sure, life isn't all grins and giggles, but it can be mostly grins and giggles.  Especially if we take each day, wrap around what we know is Truth....

....that God loves us infinitely...
....that we are enough just as we are in Him.....
.....that He promises to provide....
....that He promises to work towards two things--His glory and our good....
....and lastly, we will meet Him one day and all will be made well....

I'm going to go join in the Nesquik party now....

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

statcounter