Monday, January 23, 2012

How I Write {commit2write link up week 3}

This is how I envision myself writing--peaceful setting, my brain spewing out ideas to be recorded by my lightning fast writing, leaving no thought unrecorded.










Okay, maybe I have an iPad in my hand instead of a pen, but the tree and waterfall are a predominant feature.  More often than not, though, I end up writing around this

and four children calling my name.  
It is inevitable that as soon as I sit down to write someone will need
a drink
a snack
or will make a mess.

The clutter is a whole other topic.
It is as if my computer came with a magical magnet that pulls any and all miscellany to itself.
Oh, what's that? Yours has the magic magnet too?
(Phew, it's not just me.)

It's hard for me to concentrate on what I want to write when this month's bills
are staring up at me and numerous food items beg to be eaten 
(oh, yes, those lemon Larabars speak to me)

How about you?
What gets in the way of your writing?
(my get in the way in a good way)
What's one thing you can do this week to minimize that road block?
or writer's block?

(i'm cleaning up the clutter and I'll try to post pictures)

So here goes
Commit2Write is a weekly link up that challenges writers to sit down and do the work of writing by writing 300 words for 4 out of the next 7 days; and even that's just a goal to shoot for.  Maybe your kids got sick or you got an extra load of work and you couldn't do it.  No worries, link up and try again this week.

If you're writing it, we want to read it.

All I ask is that you read and comment on one of the posts in the link-up, please.  We all need/want/love a little bit of encouragement.






linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

statcounter