Wednesday, December 7, 2011

scents

The metal handle creaks as I turn it and open the heavy door.  I inhale deeply as my eyes settle on the walnut banister.  It is what I have always dreamed of; a banister to wrap with evergreens and holly.  I continue to inhale and at that moment I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is it.  This is the house I want.  The scent of warmth and home evokes the desire to curl up with a mug of cocoa and a warm blanket on the couch.

I'm sure we've all experienced the nostalgia that a familiar smell brings about.  From picking a house to just enjoying said new house candles have always been my decor and even my nightly routine.  Truthfully, my decorating is not complete unless it includes at least one candle.  As soon as it gets dark, which is around five PM here, boo&hiss I light a candle and close my blinds and settle in for the evening. I'm always on the lookout for a candle that will burn efficiently {I'm talking all the way to the bottom of the jar} and smell tantalizing as well.  

Recently I was given a Warm Apple Pie candle from Village Candle to review and I fell in love with the brand. Village Candle uses two wicks in their jar candles to make sure that the wax melts evenly; and the scent--oh my goodness the scent.  I can smell this scent the minute I walk through my front door even when the candle is burning two a room away.  I love that the smell of a freshly baked apple pie can waft through my house without all the hard baking work on my part.  Score!  

Do you enjoy candles?

If so, what is your favorite scent?

Fave scents here are apple pie, blueberry,
raspberry, cinnamon bun, orange cinnamon 
and rich vanilla.

What is your favorite decor piece?

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

I was given a Warm Apple Pie candle from Village candle in exchange for my unbiased review of their product.
All opinions are my own, unfiltered, raw opinions.  
Thanks for reading.


linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

statcounter