Friday, December 9, 2011

Remembering Christmas by Dan Walsh {review}

Christmas season is one of my favorite times of year and nothing makes it better than a good book.  This season was no exception as I was given an opportunity to review Remembering Christmas by Dan Walsh.

The main character is Rick Denton, a successful man in the eyes of the world is upset when he is drawn back to his mother's side after his stepfather suffers a medical tragedy.  Thrust from his high-earning job into the world of retail, Rick learns what it truly means to appreciate Christmas and forgive past mistakes.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book.  If you are looking for your snuggle-under-a-blanket-next-to-your-tree novel, this is the novel for you.  With a few twists and turns that I didn't expect Dan Walsh weaves a heartwarming tale that made me fall in love with the Christmas season even more.  I like how Dan wove the theme of redemption throughout the book--from the spiritual redemption of Rick's heart to the visual redemption of Andrea.

I must say that I had a hard time seeing the 1980's as historical, since Dan Walsh normally writes such amazing historical fiction, but then again, I guess I need to accept the fact that things made in the 1980's are now being considered vintage on eBay.  I am definitely partial to books by Dan Walsh, but I very much enjoyed this title and have already recommended it to all of my Christian fiction buddies.  Definitely 5 out or 5 stars.

*****

I received a copy of this title from Revell Publishers
a division of Baker Publishing House for 
review purposes.  That being said, all the opinions are my own.

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

statcounter