Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Before Thanksgiving

Our third child was unexpected to say the least.  I had known for a week that I was expecting before I told Paul and afterwards we were still in shock.  One Monday evening, the week of Thanksgiving 2008, Paul came home to tell me that he had been let go.  It was the year of the recession and the economy was bad and blah, blah, blah.  So suddenly, within two weeks we found ourselves expecting and jobless.  Well, I was still working as an interpreter, but Paul was jobless.

Now, backtracking a bit, before we were ever dating, Paul was supposed to go into the Navy to be a SEAL.  However, in a freak accident with my cousin, Paul tore his ACL and needed surgery.  At that point in time any reconstructive surgery like the ACL repair meant that Paul was disqualified.  Prior to him being laid off in 2008, we had been praying about the military and this seemed like the perfect opportunity for Paul to train for the Navy, so we prayerfully started inquiring.  Soon I was done puking and well on my way to being a happily pregnant lady with a husband who was in the Navy.  Paul was shipping out the following November and we were continuing as planned, but our life was still crazy because I was working and he was laid off.

*****

On a side note, I still believe, to this day that we were walking in the direction we were supposed to go regardless of the outcome.  Looking back it was crazy, but God said go and we went.  Even with the way things turned out, I know that we were doing exactly what we were supposed to be doing.

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

statcounter