Saturday, January 14, 2012

unplugged






I'm on the computer quite a bit. (all of my in-real-life friends, stop snorting...you'll hurt yourselves) Not only do I blog and write, but I also do medical transcription to pay the bills. Needless to say, there is a lot of screen time in my life.

 When did Sunday become the day to do everything else that you didn't finish during the week? I'm not judging anyone here, I am just saying that for me and my family, Sunday is like a catch-all day. Except for the going-to-church part of Sunday it really looks like every other day of the week.

A few years back I started something new. I would try my hardest to get the house tidied (not eat-off-the-floors tidy; I have four kids, let's be realistic) and the laundry for Monday done. This way it didn't matter if we wanted to go somewhere after church on Sunday we could. We weren't bound by a dirty house or needing to get laundry done for the following day. As things tend to do, they changed and I've recently found myself scrambling. I no longer have a day of rest and relaxation with my children to rejuvenate for the week ahead, but instead I've found just another stressful day.

 When you pile stress upon stress no one is happy and we all know the quote about mamas and being happy. I thought so.

 So this week, I'm trying something new and I'm not sure how it is going to work out. To be honest, I'm a little bit scared. I'm unplugging on Sunday; today, when you read this. Yep. No computer, no facebook, no Twitter, nada. My phone will still be on because, well because I'm making the rules and if someone were to get mortally wounded I would want 911 to be readily available.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this...I'll check out the comments and get back to you on Monday ;-)

Have you ever unplugged? 
When/how did you do it? 
Did you enjoy it? 
Is it a regular thing for you?

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

statcounter